Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back to traditional

After a fun foray into brights I find myself drawn back to my traditional quilting roots. I can't remember the last time I worked on a quilt using so few fabrics. This one has only 4 different fabrics and uses my favorite aqua. The stress of house hunting makes this calm quilt a nice relaxing project when I have a few minutes to sew. Being a quilter with a huge fabric stash and a long arm quilting machine and a husband that needs space for a hoist in the garage makes house hunting pretty tricky. And we are looking in Florida where my husband's job took him and that means no basement.. I my have to start getting rid of stuff again but I'm not quite willing to part with the stash, or the sewing machines or books. Who am I kidding, I want to keep it all! :)

2 comments:

sunny said...

I love those colors! I recently made a block using aqua, and I didn't want to send it away. DId I miss a post about you moving and buying a new house?

Barb said...

good luck with the house hunt....I am sure you can find something that will accomadate the both of you (never said I could spell).