Monday, July 7, 2014

Addicted to the Gypsy Wife Quilt

Wow, the more I work on this quilt the more I am loving it. I am not sure if it is the finished product so much as the process that I am enjoying here but I just can't seem to stop and I am having so much fun! Anyway here is where I am so far. This is Section 1 all sewn together.

Section 2.

Section 1 & 2 sewn together

Section 4, whew an easy one!

Section 7. This one was not so easy. It was actually quite tricky to sew together but fortunately all the parts fit perfectly.

And finally here is how the design wall looks right now. As you can see, if you look closely, the vertical strips are arranged so they flow through the quilt in continuous lines. To make my sewing easier I cut the vertical strips for each from top to bottom as I move from right to left. Then once all the vertical strips for a section have been cut I sew that section together. Lots of exercise moving from design wall to cutting table to sewing machine as each strip is cut and put into place. Such fun to pick each fabric as I go along though I must admit I have made a few changes along the way.

I hope you are enjoying my journey!

 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh so pretty! the colors just sing!! Love it, hugs, Julierose

Oops-Lah said...

You are getting there!!! It's looking great! Did I tell you that I visited Jen Kingwell's shop while visiting Melbourne last week. She wasn't there as she lives in Dubai at the moment but of course she has staff in the shop.

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's really coming together, I love the colours you are using.

Mayleen said...

I love the colors you're using too! Looks like you're speeding through this quilt.

Melinda said...

I am jealous! I love this quilt pattern and your version is wonderful!

Brandie said...

This does look like fun! It's a very happpy quilt with some gorgeous fabrics!

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

Yes I am enjoying your journey and thinking how crucial it is to have a design wall for a project like this.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Yes I am :)

Judy Dietrich said...

That is just a riot of color and fun. Are you making this for you or a special girl in the family---or just cause it called your name??? The polka dots and bright colors just steal your heart!!

Christine Neale said...

Love, love, love! I have just begun this quilt-you are right, it is just fun. I can't stop sewing. 😄😄