Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sampler Magic gets a border

Well, it isn't quite finished yet but I have finally got the first border on Sampler Magic. I am sure you must be sick of seeing this one, I know I am sure sick of working on it, but I have promised myself that this top must be complete before anything new can be started.

Not sure if I can quite stick to that as a new BOM Sew Sweet Simplicity by Jacquelynne Steves starts on Monday and my SIL and I have both decided it would be a fun one to do together. Here are the fabrics I have pulled from the stash. Something fun and fresh for my little granddaughter.

And the Bonnie Hunter mystery is starting soon too and my SIL and I are both doing that one together too! But what I really want to start is this one, Stonefields by an Australian designer Susan Smith. I had been admiring this quilt for months watching various bloggers progress but was reluctant to purchase the pattern as it is quite expensive and I needed to order it from Australia. Finally after listening to me wax poetic about this quilt for months, my DH told me to "just order the thing". So now I have the pattern and I have started pulling fabrics and I am itching to get started.

But first I really need to finish a few Sampler Magic's borders and the last of the appliqué on that old UFO, Fall Urns. I think it is just the incentive I need!

 

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love Stonefields too - but I have resisted I have too many started I really want to finish them

Every Stitch said...

How exciting to have Stonefields ready to start! You're nearly there with Sampler Magic - that border ties it together beautifully.

sunny said...

Would you PLEASE finish Sampler Magic, not because I'm tired of seeing it, because now I'm in love with Stonefields, and want to see it! You sure don't choose the easy patterns, do you??

Frog Quilter said...

Where did you order it from and what was the cost? Thanks so much. Liz

Huize Krul quilts said...

I'm sure your are going to enjoy making Stonefields. I really did. It was so much fun to do. Looking forward to see your blocks, Coriene

Elaine said...

Glad you have joined the fun with Stonefields! Cant wait to see what you come up with :)

Karen H said...

Your sampler quilt looks amazing and that first border is perfect! Keep at it because I think it is worth the effort. You are going to have a fabulous quilt when it is done!

Bev said...

I love your Sampler Magic quilt! It is just gorgeous! I'm doing the same BOM from Jacqueline Stevens! It will be fun to see everyone's blocks! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I am not tired of seeing Sampler Magic or any of your lovely work :)

I have thought about Stonefields and the expense. There's another one called Briar Hill that is similar with the small blocks...Seeing the simple shapes and hexies etc, I thought that I might try to make a small quilt along the lines of those two by using existing flower patterns from books, making up my own circles and such from common things around the house, and see how far I got. I am afraid that I'd never last through a quilt the size of Stonefields even if I could purchase the pattern.

Julierose said...

A quilter never tires of seeing such a beautiful quilt come together! I love your Sampler Magic--the colors just glow throughout! Hugs, Julierose

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Gorgeous sampler quilt, love the colors. I too am excited about Bonnie's upcoming MQ.

Cardygirl said...

Beautiful work...you will love Stonefields too!

Janet said...

Not much more to go on sampler magic, it's looking fabulous. I've resisted the stonefields quilt so far, it's a beauty.

audrey said...

Ahh.. Stonefields. It really is nearly irresistible isn't it? Good job on the sampler quilt!